Plant Layout Design and Planning
About the Client
Inmost of Plant Setup process, there is hardly any systematic approach and scientific base on which new factories are designed and installed. For this, clientengagedWazir to implement in detail the adaptation of concept of standard process time in determining the machinery, manpower, capacity and hence the plant layout to ensure optimum utilization of floor space and to engineer optimum productivity into the process.
Core objective of the study was to devise a corporate strategy for the client covering the following aspects
Core objectives of the Sourcing Strategy study was to cover-up the following aspects:
- Since a great deal of time is added to the work content of a process by bad layout, hence it is always important to scientifically plan the factory layout and design an effective material handling system.
- Implementing effective layouts based on Lean(8 Wastages)
- The Product Mix ratio and percentage contribution of each product of the whole business is understood if it’s a multi-product environment.
- Characteristics of a good Plant layout:
- Material Handling and Transportation is minimized.
- Total socially customer complaint like Wall Mart , Nike , M&S etc..
- Balanced process flow
- Vasthu Complaint (Optional)
- Bottlenecks and points of congestions are eliminated for faster movement.
- Work stations are ergonomically designed with correct workstations with good work aids to reduce operations cycle time.
- There is utilization of Cubic Space (i.e., length, width & height).
- Facilitate easy maintenance of plant, machinery, equipment,etc.
- Focuses on improved Working Conditions, Ventilation, Lighting, etc.
- We delivered the Plant layout Design and planning report covering the stated objectives.
- We submitted a Plant layout standardized study report covering:
- We Submitted a Higher Performance Layout , In Which productivity is higher by 30% minimum. Also saves space by 20% than conventional layout
- Workable life of plant and machinery.
- Future expansion of assets for Capacityupgradation.
- Unidirectional flow of Processes.