Production and Process Control Set-up
About the Client
Textile supply chains compete on low cost, high quality, accurate delivery and flexibility in variety and volume. Several challenges stand in the way of Indian firms before they can own a larger share of the global market. For this, clientengagedWazir to conduct the Production & Process Control Set-up in order to enhance the Business Strategy.Managing such a complex supply chain requires coordination through excellent managerial practices, technology and facilitating policies.
Core objective of the study was to devise a corporate strategy for the client covering the following aspects:
Core objectives of the Sourcing Strategy study was to cover-up the following aspects:
- Higher Performance Layouts – To get high level of output in shorter run up phases, highly streamlined material movement to reduce the losses due to unnecessary movements with sharp focus on quality.
- Training – Training to the staff regarding higher performance layouts, Methods of material movements, control documents, achieving higher efficiency in shorter runs, inventory controls etc.
- SOP’s – Well defined SOP’s to make factory system dependent rather than person dependent.
- Control documents – System development and system sustainable control documents.
- Lead time reduction – Value stream mapping of each department to reduce lead time of each department by removing non-value added activities.
- Stock Buffer – Controlling the WIP by implementing JIT ( Just In time ) system to reduce wastages related to higher inventory and also planned Stock buffers for Capacity Constraint resources
- Quality control at source – To get RFT controlling quality at source , And also defect proofing.
- Understand the relationship of CCRs (Critical Customer Requirements) to KPCs (Key Product/Process Characteristics) and the process to identify KCCs (Key Control Characteristics).
- We delivered the Production & Process Control Set-up Study covering the stated objectives.
- Minimum Increase of productivity by 50% , with reduced rejection by 5%
- Lead Time Reduction by 40 % by removing wastages
- Higher performance layouts – Layouts based on PULL system.
- Control Documents – system development, implementation and its sustainability.
- SOP’s – SOP’s of all processes in production and all processes.
- Stock Buffer – JIT approach in fabric, trims etc.
- Quality control at source – Low DHU level with higher awareness about quality in operators.