Sourcing Strategy in Apparel Operations
About the Client
With the intense competition in the global textile & apparel industry and its uncertainty, sourcing has been considered as a pivotal strategic role in textile and apparel supply chain management.Due to its strong design background, low production costs, and favourable trade treaties with the US and Europe Countries, Indian Subcontinent has become increasingly vital for Sourcing.
Team Wazir have been approached by global retailers to identify suitable sourcing destinations, infuse sourcing strategies, etc.
Core objectives of the Sourcing Strategy study was to cover-up the following aspects:
- Identifying suitable sourcing destinations in the sub-continent& world-wide.
- Identifying and evaluating the categories to be sourced.
- Analysing key attractiveness in the given markets.
- Implementation of Empirical survey‐based research methodology to examine the research questions and models.
- Estimating product volumes, assortments and projected growth trends.
- Evaluating key sourcing strategies of leading global retailers.
- We have prepared the detailed Strategic study report covering the stated objectives.
- Our deliverablesshow that strategic sourcing leads to greater emphasis on sourcing capability and impacts on firm performance.
- The textile and apparel industry is dynamic, global, diverse, and complex, and is a prime exemplifier of globalization.
- Wazir Team manages order execution until delivery to the warehouse, thus assisting the client in forging long-term business relations with sourcing partners.