Overall Project Management
Designing and Implementation of a Promotional Program for Usa’s Premium Cotton in India
About the client
A private trade association whose membership includes all segments of the U.S. cotton industry, whose objective is to increase export of U.S. raw cotton. For this they wanted to launch a promotion program in India.
Core objective was to design, produce and implement promotional program covering consumers as well as retailers/ brands:
- Reach out to brands/ retailers in a targeted manner and enroll them as licensees for the client’s program in India
- Educate consumers regarding the program and engage them through on-ground events and social media along with retail partners
- Utilize PR activity and online media judiciously for both partner/ licensees and consumer promotions.
- Activities for Retailers/ Brands:
- A long master list of potential partners was created comprising manufacturers/spinning mills, Indian and International fashion brands/ retailers. Based on strategic parameters (turnover, cotton usage, retail network of brands/ retailers, etc.) few of them were shortlisted. Prioritization of the shortlisted partners was conducted.
- Road shows were conducted for the potential partners/ licensees in Mumbai and Bangalore which was attended by major industry players. Its main objective was to promote the program in India and educate industry partners about US cotton and benefits of becoming a licensee. It was extensively covered by leading textile journals and media.
- An online portal was constructed for spreading awareness and educating partners and consumers both. It consist of information related to past and future events, informative videos and pictures related to the client’s program, important links, etc.
- One-to-one meetings with key potential partners/ licensees were conducted to educate them about the benefits and enrolling them for the program.
- Activities for Consumers:
- To educate consumers, PR coverage with consumer media was conducted. Social media was leveraged to reach them online and engage consumers in online activities like small designing competitions.
- On-ground promotion with retail partner- In store promotions through posters and banners was conducted in partnership with one of the leading fashion retailers in India at 3 prime locations.