Reboot- Business Performance Improvement
Reboot Strategy for a Dental Clinics Chain
About the client
One of India’s largest chain of dental clinics wanted to improve its top-line and bottom-line and reboot the brand in order to achieve faster growth over the next few years.
Core objective was to recommend reboot strategy for accelerated growth, answering the following strategic questions:
- How has the current brand strategy fared? Is it sustainable?
- What should be the alterations / modifications in the existing strategy?
- What should be the business target for the next five years?
- What should be the roll out plan / expansion strategy?
- Detailed as-is-analysis of existing business to understand:
- Rationale behind existing strategy and how has it fared in terms of achieving the business targets?
- Key reasons for performance/non-performance and accordingly, what needs to be changed?
- What are the competitive advantages of the brand and is it sustainable?
- An overview of the Indian dental market:
- Current market scenario
- Competitor profiling and benchmarking – business models, pricing, service portfolio, locations, etc.
- Consumer research – Consumer attitude towards dental health, spending behavior, influencers, brand/format preference, etc.
- Formulated revamp and growth strategy based on Add / Modify / Delete framework:
- Target consumers and share of such consumers in India
- Appropriate brand positioning
- Service and price offerings
- Location and roll-out strategy
- Developed a business and financial plan as per the suggested strategy highlighting revenues, operating expenses, investment requirements and working capital requirements and an implementation roadmap covering:
- Time frame for achieving key business milestones
- Identification of capabilities required to successfully grow the business
- Fine tuning in the organization structure as per renewed strategy