Market Entry Strategies/Brand Launch
Business Strategy for Launching a Baby Wear Brand
Business Strategy for Launching a Super Premium Lingerie Brand
About the client
A leading Indian company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of men’s innerwear, wanted to launch a super-premium lingerie brand in Indian market, in partnership with a foreign company.
Core objective was to recommend a brand launch strategy and develop a 5 year business plan, answering the following key strategic questions:
- What should be the appropriate brand positioning and who should be the target consumer?
- What all product categories should they offer?
- What should be the channel strategy? Should they open EBOs or not, given high retail costs? Should they penetrate MBO market or not, since it’s a super-premium brand? Should they open SIS in department stores or not, since it is a highly controlled environment?
- What should be the roll out plan – aggressive to start with or pilot led controlled growth?
- Provided detailed analysis of the Indian premium and super-premium lingerie industry:
- Industry overview – structure and share of premium & super premium lingerie market in India, demand-supply gaps, consumer segmentation
- Comparison of Indian markets with global markets to project trends and growth patterns
- Mapping major competitors – business models, price positioning, product offering, market penetration & business performance
- Consumer research – Consumer buying behavior, tastes & preferences, purchase influencers, their pain-points, willingness to spend
- Formulated business strategy:
- Target consumers and share of such consumers in India
- Appropriate brand positioning
- Product categories and recommended channels, and phase-out plan
- Roll out and expansion plan
- Developed a business and financial plan as per the suggested strategy highlighting revenues, operating expenses, investment requirements and working capital requirements