Marketing and Distribution Strategy
India Marketing Strategy for a DJ Equipment Company
About the client
A leading global DJ equipment company wanted to develop a marketing and sales strategy to increase customer awareness and sales of DJ equipment and controllers in India.
The prime objective was to develop an India marketing strategy to increase sales of the brand. Key strategic questions to be answered included:
- How to expand the sales for DJ equipment thorough B2B channel of distributors as well as the retail channel?
- What is the potential of the online sales channel?
- What is the purchase process and decision influencers, format and channel preferences and replacement cycle for different customer segment?
- Mapping of the DJ equipment market in India:
- Industry Overview – current size, growth forecasts, market segments, trends and challenges
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking – studied the retail structure for DJ equipment and controllers in detail and benchmarked against competitors on – Positioning; Product and Price Mix, etc.
- Customer Analysis – buying behaviors, decision influencers, brand & equipment preference, channel preference and other aspects of the target customers
- Formulated the marketing and sales strategy covering:
- Key value proposition including concept & brand positioning
- Target customers and the approach method
- Overall marketing/branding programs and costs involved
- Communication platforms to be utilized