Business Alliances / Alliances Strategy Development
Developing a Portfolio of International Brands for an Online Marketplace
About the Client
A leading fashion & lifestyle e-retailer focused on apparel, footwear and accessories segments wanted to develop a portfolio of international brands for exclusive availability through its website.
The core objective was to help the e-retailer develop a portfolio of international brands for exclusive availability through its website. Key questions to be answered included:
- Which are the target brands that fit in with the company’s target consumer segments, business strategy and future plans?
- What will be the proposition for each potential brand and the long terms contractual terms?
- Developed a strategy for identifying and listing possible brands based on:
- Brands that are already present in India but not online
- Brands that are significant but are yet not in India
- Brands who aren’t so significant even in their own country and are neither present in India nor have the wherewithal to enter on their own
- Developed a customized proposition for each potential brand
- Approached each shortlisted brand with the proposal and checked out their prima facie interest
- Initiated dialogue with positively interested brands and facilitated negotiations and signing of agreement
- Assisted in drafting the long term contractual terms with these brands, spanning from pure wholesale buying and selling to licensing of the brand for India