M & A Execution (Both Sell and Buy)
Valuation & Buyer Search for a Leading Manufacturer /exporter of Readymade Garments
Acquisition of Target / Majority Stake in Men’s Ethnic Wear Company
About the Client
India’s largest branded fabric and fashion retailer, wanted to diversify its product portfolio by venturing into men’s ethnic wear business through inorganic means.
Core objective was to identify & evaluate investee companies in men’s ethnic wear segment for acquisition of target/ majority stake, answering the following questions:
- Who are the target investees?
- What is the profile of target investees?
- What should be the basis of shortlisting or evaluating potential investees?
- Provided current market scenario of men’s ethnic wear segment in India and detailed profile of target investees:
- Market scenario – market size and growth, existing players, location strategy, etc.
- Target investees’ profiles – company background, product portfolio, no. of stores, design capability, sourcing model, manufacturing capacity, logistics & warehouse, etc.
- Based on evaluation matrix, few of them were shortlisted and prioritised. A detailed proposal for the target investees was prepared to present the business opportunity.
- Meetings and discussion with client’s management was conducted for valuation of the target and structuring of the deal.