Market Entry Strategies / Brand Launch Strategy
Business Strategy for Launching a Wholesale Cash and Carry Business
Business Strategy to Launch Multi-brand Sports Good Retail Chain
About the Client
A leading manufacturer and exporter of sports equipment, having presence in 130 countries, wanted to launch a chain of multi-brand sports goods retail outlets in India.
Core objective was to develop a business strategy to launch sports goods retail stores, answering the following key strategic questions:
- What should be the appropriate positioning and who should be the target consumer?
- What should be the product and brand mix for different categories?
- What should be the operating model for the retail chain – owned or franchisee or mixed?
- What should be the location and store strategy? What should be the roll-out plan?
- Provided detailed analysis of the sports goods retail industry in India:
- Industry Overview: current market size of sports goods industry, share of organize- unorganized, category-wise market segmentation, detailed profile of target consumer, need gaps in the market, etc.
- Competitor Mapping & Benchmarking: Intensity of competition from organized and unorganized sector, profile of major international players in this segment, etc.
- Consumer Research: needs & expectation of consumers, frequency of purchase, reasons for buying, average yearly spend, etc.
- Formulated business strategy:
- Overall positioning and target consumers
- Proposed retail format/s- size, merchandise & brand mix
- Channel strategy
- Roll out and expansion plan
- Proposed branding and promotion strategy for the stores
- Developed a 5 year business and financial plan as per the suggested strategy highlighting revenues, operating expenses, investment requirements and working capital requirements.