Marketing And Distribution Strategy
Pan India Distribution Strategy for International Premium Brands
About the Client
A holding company for international premium underwear and jeans brands in India wanted to expand its distribution in India through a network of distributors.
Core objective was to develop pan-India strategy and business plan for wholesale distribution of 2 premium brands, answering the following key strategic questions:
- What should be the MBO strategy for its super-premium brands?
- What should be the product-price mix for these MBOs? Will it be similar to that of EBOs or not?
- How many such MBOs can be targeted in different cities and how many cities should be targeted in next 5 years’ time?
- Provided detailed analysis of premium, super premium and luxury retailing in India:
- Industry overview: current market size and growth rate, key markets for retailing, presence of key brands, consumer segmentation, etc.
- Mapping major competitors – business models, price positioning, product offering, market penetration & business performance
- Formulated business strategy:
- Target consumers and share of such consumers in India
- Most optimal Product mix – for various city types
- Target cities for expansion, number and format of stores, pace of roll out, etc.
- Operating model and Target retailers in proposed cities for distribution of brand’s products
- Developed a 5 year business and financial plan as per the suggested strategy highlighting revenues, operating expenses, investment requirements and working capital requirements.