Online & Omni-channel Retail
Business Strategy to Launch an Online Marketplace for 4-14 Year Olds
Business Strategy for Online Retailing of a Premium Shirting Fabric Brand
About the Client
A leading premium international shirting fabric brand wanted to broaden its retail channel from the use of only offline retail to an Omni-channel including online retail as well.
The prime objective of the study was to understand the e-commerce market in India and the various models employed for e-retail. The intent was to answering the following key questions:
- What is the current size and potential for internet and e-commerce growth in India?
- What are the pros/cons of using different e-retail models – Marketplace / E-commerce Affiliate Programs / Own online store?
- What marketing activities need to be undertaken for generating online traffic?
- What needs to be done to integrate offline sales channel with online retailing?
- Mapping of the internet and e-commerce market in India:
- Penetration of internet, mobile – including smartphone – and social media in India
- E-commerce market sizing, key players and trends in India including type of goods purchased
- Strategy for utilizing e-commerce platforms:
- Understanding the pros and cons of the different e-commerce strategies – Selling on Marketplace; E-commerce Affiliate Programs; Own online store
- Working model of each platform
- Understanding the regulatory and other requirements
- Understanding the online as well as offline marketing strategy of online playersin India and their acceptance among consumers
- Strategy for integrating the offline and online sales channel to establish an Omni-channel presence
- Investment and expenses to be incurred in the establishment and integration of an online retail channel