Content Development for Modular Employable Skills (MES) Courses
About the Client
National Instructional Media Institute (NIMI), Directorate General of Employment and Training, Government of India engaged us to develop instructional manuals for vocational training in the sectors of Textile, Apparel, Jute, Jute Diversified Products, Carpet, Business & Commerce, Retail, Plastic Processing and Courier & Logistics. The developed manuals are being used as reference instructional manual for Government institutes and other private vocational training agencies.
Core objective of the project was to develop course content for imparting vocational training for target job roles. The scope of work included:
- Studying the syllabus covering practical competencies and knowledge contents of the course
- Identifying the skill requirement and developing practical exercises to impart those skills
- Ranking the practical exercises from simple to complex and indexing those accordingly
- Developing the practical exercises by grouping the skills and formulating each exercise using these skills
- Allotting time for each exercise depending on the expertise
- Developing the related theory lessons for each practical exercises
- Developing the question bank for the course
- Wazir developed course content for about 100 courses in the target sectors. The instruction manuals included practical, theory and question bank for the specific job role.