Project Management and Monitoring
Project Management & Monitoring Consultant for Textile Export Intelligence and Promotion Scheme
There are 11 export promotion councils working under Ministry of textiles. To attain holistic growth of the sector, it is required that the information and databases of these councils be integrated. Also it is required that a proper mechanism be formulated to transfer that market intelligence to various stakeholders to achieve sustainable growth. With this aim, Ministry of Textiles launched Textile Export Intelligence & Promotion Scheme. Wazir was appointed as Project Management & Monitoring Consultant for this scheme.
The key objective of this assignment of Textile Export Intelligence & Promotion Scheme were as the following:
- To provide knowledge base for textile and apparel exports related issues
- To apprise Indian exporters of the global market scenario and trade trends to help them in identifying new opportunities for market expansion
- To support marketing and promotion of Indian textile and apparel sector globally
What We Delivered
Wazir has the role of providing extensive export intelligence and strategic thrust through timely addressing of trade related issues to Ministry of Textiles for Textile Export Intelligence & Promotion Scheme. Wazir has been successfully working on this project since August 2015 fulfilling all the requirements to support Government in implementation of the scheme. This project will continue till FY 2017.
Promotion and Marketing of Handloom Products in Modern Retail
The client is an apex body associated with Indian apparel industry. Client engaged Wazir to support the promotion of Handloom products from various Indian clusters. This project aimed to promote consumption of handloom products in domestic organized retail and exports.
The key objective of this assignment was to promote handloom products for various Indian clusters. To accomplish this assignment following key questions were answered:
- Which are the most suitable states for promotion with organized retailers and brands?
- Who are the potential suppliers of handloom products in these regions?
- Who are the major buyers (brands and retailers) of handloom products?
- What should be the marketing plan for the promotion?
- What should be the marketing tools to be adopted including buyer seller meets, one-to-one meetings?
What We Delivered
- Conceptualized and implemented 2 buyer-seller meets, one each in Delhi and Mumbai. Major Indian apparel retailers like Future Group, Globus, Shoppers Stop, Arvind Retail, BIBA, Reliance etc. were successfully invited to attend these meets.
- Arranged for the regular meetings of a number of buying houses and brands to promote handloom products
- Assisted in fetching orders from large groups and encouraged sampling.
- Supported buyers in sampling process including quality testing
Project Management & Monitoring Consultant (PMMC) for Technology Mission on Technical Textiles (TMTT)
Despite of the growth potential, Technical Textiles faces issues including lack of testing infrastructure, and market development support. To address these problems and attain sustainable growth, Ministry of Textiles launched Technology Mission on Technical Textiles (TMTT). Wazir was appointed as Project Management & Monitoring Consultant (PMMC) for TMTT.
The key objective of this assignment was to plan and manage the TMTT by assisting Ministry of Textiles in the following:
- Ensuring effective collaboration between various ministries, trade associations, education and training institutes
- Formulation and implementation of defined quality standards/international best practices across sector/regulatory measures
- Marketing and promotional activities including preparation of background paper, presentation, arranging meeting and appointments, making presentations, preparing follow-up strategy and action plan
- Understanding and designing resolution mechanism towards the effective implementation of standards/ regulatory measures/promotional activities
What We Delivered
- Provided implementation support to the client for establishing and upgrading Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Assisted in designing and implementing appropriate institutional mechanism for better service delivery of CoE
- Provided assistance in setting up R&D and innovation/ Incubation centers
- Supported in investment and technology promotion
- Assisted in capacity building, institutional strengthening and policy advisory
- Developed website for TMTT and supported in MIS generation